Quidd Tech

Technical issue discussion and resolution for Quinnipiac University Interactive Digital Design lab computers.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Archived Home Directories

In order to get to your old data, use the Finder "Go" menu, choose "Connect to Server". The server name is "xs-neon", authenticate and choose the "IDD Archives".

If you had a Home folder last semester, it will be there named <myusername>.dmg.

The archive will only be available until Thanksgiving.. after that, your old stuff is toast.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/11/07 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are you guys ever going to put cs3 on the upstairs macs in the library?

     
  • At 8/9/08 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, this is not working for me, after clicking on "connect to server" the only field to enter text is "Server Address" I have tried typing & copy and pasting "xs-neon" then press connect" and it tries to connect for awhile, but a box pops up saying "connection failed." it is just I have a project that I work hard on from last year, that I would like to save, and take off the school's systems

     
  • At 9/9/08 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm having the same problem. it won't connect to the server...

     
  • At 15/9/08 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am having the same issue that I am unable to even connect to this server it says "looking up xs-neon" forever and then says unable to connect.
    I have some files from last year that I would like to recover to put into my portfolio.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home